NGFA and the Pet Food Institute collaborate on an annual Joint Feed/Pet Food Conference. The program is designed specifically for feed and pet food sectors and addresses pressing policy, regulatory and operations issues that companies face in today’s environment. This year’s conference is slated Oct. 7-9, 2014 in Omaha, Neb.
Tuesday, October 7
- PFI Regulatory Affairs Committee Meeting
- NGFA Feed Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee; Feed Manufacturing and Technology Committee; and Biofuels and Co-Products Committee (noon to 4 p.m.)
- Keynote Joint Conference Speaker (4 p.m.)
- Grand Opening Reception in Exhibit Hall
Wednesday, October 8
- Conference Programming and Technical Sessions
- Reception in Exhibit Hall
Thursday, October 9
- Workshops on FSMA Compliance (adjourn at noon)
- Conference Sessions
- FDA’s Feed and Pet Food Agenda for 2015: Dr. Dan McChesney, director, Office of Surveillance and Compliance, Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine, will review the status of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) rulemaking, as well as the agency’s wide-ranging regulatory and guidance initiatives planned in 2015 for the feed and pet food industries.
- Sanitary Transportation of Food, Animal Feed, and Pet Food Products: Sharon Clark, senior vice president transportation and regulatory affairs at Perdue AgriBusiness LLC, will provide an overview of FDA’s proposed rule for sanitary transportation of food, animal feed, and pet food products and approaches that companies may wish to consider to ensure the safety of products during transport.
- Top Policy Issues for Animal Feed and Pet Food: David Fairfield, vice president of feed services, NGFA, and Peter Tabor, vice president of regulatory and international affairs, PFI, will offer their thoughts on the top policy issues important to animal feed and pet food companies.
- Sustainability and Consumer Preferences – What’s the Right Approach: A panel of leading experts will share their views on what sustainability means, consumer perspectives and industry initiatives.
- GMO Answers – Building Greater Consumer Acceptance of Biotechnology: Dr. Cathleen Enright (invited), executive vice president at Biotechnology Industry Organization, will discuss current issues related to genetically modified organisms and ongoing activities to build greater consumer acceptance.
- AAFCO Priorities for 2015 and Beyond: Doug Lueders, president, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and feed program supervisor, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, will provide an update on the status of the AAFCO ingredient-approval process and other initiatives underway in the professional organization of state and federal regulators.
- The Renewable Fuel Standard – Impacts on Animal Feed and Pet Food Ingredient Availability: Marty Ruikka, principal, The ProExporter Network, will outline anticipated impacts of the Renewable Fuel Standard on the availability of ingredients used in animal feed and pet food ingredients.
1001 Cass Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Phone: (402) 998-3400
Registration is now open for the 2014 Feed and Pet Food Joint Conference. Don’t miss the premier pet food event. Register for the Joint Conference today.
Only members of NGFA and PFI are eligible for the member rate*. All registration submissions will be reviewed before processing to ensure NGFA and PFI members receive the discounted registration rate*.
- NGFA-PFI Member Rate (Early Bird) $390
- Non-Member Rate (Early Bird) $590
*Early Bird rates are available through Friday, September 5, after which the Member Rate rises to $450 and the Non-Member Rate will be $650. Registration on site is available at $500 for NGFA-PFI members and $700 for non-members.
**NGFA and PFI reserve the right to decline any registration.
Note: NGFA Members you do NOT need to create an account on the PFI site where registration is taken. Simply select the member rate and proceed to checkout. Registrations are then reviewed for membership status.
- Upcoming Events
Board of Directors Meeting
Feed/Pet Food Joint Conference
43th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
NGFA – Grain Journal Elevator Design Conference
Board of Directors Meeting
44th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
45th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow