NGFA and the Pet Food Institute collaborate on an annual Joint Feed/Pet Food Conference. The program is designed specifically for feed and pet food sectors and addresses pressing policy, regulatory and operations issues that companies face in today’s environment.
- 2014 Schedule
Tuesday, October 7
- PFI Regulatory Affairs Committee
- NGFA Committee Meetings
- Biofuels and Co-Products Committee
- Feed Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee
- Feed Manufacturing and Technology Committee
- Keynote Address – Congressman Lee Terry
- Welcome Reception in Trade Show
Wednesday, October 8
- Continental Breakfast and Trade Show
- Conference Welcome Remarks
Duane Ekedahl, President, PFI; Randy Gordon, President, NGFA
- The Future of the Food Industry
- FDA’s Feed and Pet Food Agenda
Dan McChesney, director, Office of Surveillance and Compliance, Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine, will review the status of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) rulemaking, as well as the agency’s wide-ranging regulatory and guidance initiatives planned in 2015 for the feed and pet food industries.
- AAFCO Priorities for 2015 and Beyond
Doug Lueders, president, Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) and feed program supervisor, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, will provide an update on the status of the AAFCO ingredient-approval process and other initiatives underway in the professional organization of state and federal regulators.
- Practical Approaches to Sanitary Transportation
Sharon Clark, senior vice president transportation and regulatory affairs at Perdue AgriBusiness LLC, will provide an overview of FDA’s proposed rule for sanitary transportation of food, animal feed, and pet food products and approaches that companies may wish to consider to ensure the safety of products during transport.
- GMO Answers – Building Greater Consumer Acceptance of Biotechnology
Dr. Cathleen Enright, executive vice president at Biotechnology Industry Organization, will discuss current issues related to genetically modified organisms and ongoing activities to build greater consumer acceptance.
- Lunch in Exhibit Hall
- Distributors and the Feed and Pet Food Industries
Steve King, President, Pet Industry Distributors Association
- The Renewable Fuel Standard – Impacts on Feed and Pet Food
Marty Ruikka, principal, The ProExporter Network, will outline anticipated impacts of the Renewable Fuel Standard on the availability of ingredients used in animal feed and pet food ingredients.
- Sustainability and Consumer Preferences – What’s the Right Approach?
Dave De Geus, Sustainable Agriculture Lead, The Nature Conservancy
- Top Policy Issues for Feed and Pet Food
David Fairfield, vice president of feed services, NGFA, and Peter Tabor, vice president of regulatory and international affairs, PFI, will offer their thoughts on the top policy issues important to animal feed and pet food companies.
- Reception in Trade Show
Thursday, October 9
- Continental Breakfast
- Food Safety Modernization Act Workshop – Practicing Preventive Controls: A Hands-on Exercise
Jennifer Cleveland McEntire, Ph.D., Vice President and Chief Science Officer, The Acheson Group; Anne Sherod, Director of Food Safety, The Acheson Group
- Workshop Adjourns (11:30 a.m.)
Find out who attended the 2014 conference.
- Upcoming Events
43th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
NGFA – Grain Journal Elevator Design Conference
Board of Directors Meeting
44th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
45th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow