Hosted by NGFA and the Soy Transportation Coalition and supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Ag Transportation Summit unites leaders from agricultural producer organizations, agribusinesses and government to focus on the importance of inland waterway, rail, truck and vessel transportation to the competitiveness and profitability of U.S. agriculture.
This year’s conference is Aug 4-5, in Rosemont, Ill., and focuses on Transportation Capacity — Overcoming the Challenges. An agenda is being finalized, but below outlines who will be speaking from major rail companies, government agencies and international organizations.
- 2015 Draft Agenda
Some agenda items may change.
Tuesday, August 4
8-8:30 am: Welcome & Announcements
8:30-9:15 am: Keynote Address
9:15-10:45 am: Rail Officials Panel
- John Miller: Group Vice President, Agricultural Products, BNSF Railway (confirmed)
- Katherine Betsworth: Vice President, National Customer Service Center, Union Pacific Railroad (confirmed)
- Tim McNulty: Assistant Vice President, Sales and Marketing, CSX Transportation (confirmed)
- Mike Mohan: Assistant Vice President, Grain, Canadian National Railway (confirmed)
11 am – Noon: Keynote Speaker
12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
1-2:30 pm: Panel on Port Infrastructure
- Walter Kemmsies, Chief Economist, Moffatt & Nichol (confirmed)
2:30-3:15 pm: Update on Issues before the Surface Transportation Board
- The Honorable Deb Miller: Acting Chairman, Surface Transportation Board (confirmed)
3:30-4:15 pm: Featured Speaker
4:15-5 pm: Update on the Panama Canal Expansion
- Javier Ho: Specialist, Dry Bulk Segment, Panama Canal Authority (confirmed)
5-6 pm: Reception
Dinner on your own
Wednesday, August 5
8-8:45 am: Keynote Industry Address
8:45-10 am: Panel on Surface Transportation
- Jon Samson: Executive Director, Agricultural and Food Transporters Conference, American Trucking Associations (confirmed)
10:15-11:15 am: Panel on Inland Waterways
- Moderator: Rick Calhoun: President, Cargo Carriers; Chairman, NGFA Waterborne Commerce Committee (confirmed)
11:15 am – Noon: Private Investment in Infrastructure: An Aspiration of Viable Option?
- Richard Ornitz, Senior Counsel, McKenna, Long & Aldridge (confirmed)
- Past Presentations
Panel on Surface Transportation Issues
Panel on Maritime Issues
- Steve Stockton, Director of Civil Works, Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
- Mike Steenhoek
- Rick Calhoun
- Gary Nelson
Panel on Rail Issues
Status of Transportation Infrastructure Investment in Brazil
Panel on Containerized Shipping
Status of the Panama Canal Expansion
6100 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Reserve your room by July 8 to take advantage of the discounted rate.
Register by July 8 to take advantage of the $265 early bird rate. Price goes up to $295 on June 26; on-site registration is $350.
REGISTRATION FEE: Includes all programs and course materials, a welcome reception on Aug. 4, 2015, the summit and breakfast.
PAYMENT POLICY: To qualify for Early Bird rates, payment must accompany registration and be received by July 8.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations will be refunded in full if notification is received on or before July 8. Cancellation notices postmarked or received between July 9 and July 31 will be assessed a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be provided to any person canceling or failing to give notice of cancellation after Aug 1. Registrant substitutions are welcome.