Hosted by NGFA and the Soy Transportation Coalition and supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Ag Transportation Summit unites leaders from agricultural producer organizations, agribusinesses and government to focus on the importance of inland waterway, rail, truck and vessel transportation to the competitiveness and profitability of U.S. agriculture.
This year’s conference is Aug 4-5, in Rosemont, Ill., and focuses on Transportation Capacity — Overcoming the Challenges. An agenda is being finalized, but below outlines who will be speaking from major rail companies, government agencies and international organizations.
- 2015 Draft Agenda
Some agenda items may change.
Tuesday, August 4
8-8:30 am: Welcome & Announcements
8:30-9:15 am: Keynote Address
- Walter Kemmsies: Chief Economist, Moffatt& Nichol (confirmed)
9:15-10:45 am: Rail Officials Panel
- John Miller: Group Vice President, Agricultural Products, BNSF Railway (confirmed)
- Katherine Betsworth: Vice President, National Customer Service Center, Union Pacific Railroad (confirmed)
- Eric Hendrickson: Director of Network Planning, CSX Transportation (confirmed)
- Brad Yeatts: Director, AG, Norfolk Southern Railway (confirmed)
- Mike Mohan: Assistant Vice President, Grain, Canadian National Railway (confirmed)
- John Brooks: Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Bulk Commodities, Canadian Pacific Railway (confirmed)
11 am – Noon: Keynote Speaker
- Richard Langer: Managing Director, Quetica LLC (confirmed)
12:00-1:00 pm: Lunch
1-2:30 pm: Panel on Port Infrastructure
- Jon Gold: Vice President, Supply Chain and Customs Policy, National Retail Federation (confirmed)
- Joe Schuele: Vice President, Communications, U.S. Meat Export Federation (confirmed)
- Jim Walker: Director of Navigation Policy, American Association of Port Authorities (confirmed)
2:30-3:15 pm: Update on Issues before the Surface Transportation Board
- The Honorable Deb Miller: Acting Chairman, Surface Transportation Board (confirmed)
3:30-4:15 pm: USDA’s Perspective on Agricultural Transportation Priorities
- Bruce Blanton: Director, Transportation Services Division, Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (confirmed)
4:15-5 pm: Update on the Panama Canal Expansion
- Javier Ho: Specialist, Dry Bulk Segment, Panama Canal Authority (confirmed)
5-6 pm: Reception
Dinner on your own
Wednesday, August 5
7:30-8:30 am: Networking Continental Breakfast
8:30-10 am: Panel on Surface Transportation
- Jon Samson: Executive Director, Agricultural and Food Transporters Conference, American Trucking Associations (confirmed)
- Marcos Trujillo: American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials (confirmed)
- Arthur Scott: Associate Legislative Director, National Association of Counties (confirmed)
10:15-11:15 am: Panel on Inland Waterways
- Moderator: Rick Calhoun: President, Cargo Carriers; Chairman, NGFA Waterborne Commerce Committee (confirmed)
- Dan Mecklenborg: Chief Legal Officer, Ingram Barge Company
- Rodney Weinzierl: Executive Director, Illinois Corn Growers Association Representative
11:15 am – Noon: Private Investment in Infrastructure: An Aspiration of Viable Option?
- Richard Ornitz, Senior Counsel, McKenna, Long & Aldridge (confirmed)
- Past Presentations
Panel on Surface Transportation Issues
Panel on Maritime Issues
- Steve Stockton, Director of Civil Works, Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
- Mike Steenhoek
- Rick Calhoun
- Gary Nelson
Panel on Rail Issues
Status of Transportation Infrastructure Investment in Brazil
Panel on Containerized Shipping
Status of the Panama Canal Expansion
6100 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
The rooms at the Westin O’Hare have sold out. We are suggesting people book at the Comfort Inn O’Hare, 2 miles from the Westin. The Comfort Inn has a complimentary shuttle to/from O’Hare airport and is also providing a complimentary shuttle to/from The Westin O’Hare for our conference attendees. Please call the Comfort Inn at 847-635-1300 and reference the Ag Transportation Summit to book your room.
Comfort Inn O’Hare
2175 E Touhy Ave.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Register by July 8 to take advantage of the $265 early bird rate. Price goes up to $295 on July 9; on-site registration is $350.
REGISTRATION FEE: Includes all programs and course materials, a welcome reception on Aug. 4, 2015, the summit and breakfast.
PAYMENT POLICY: To qualify for Early Bird rates, payment must accompany registration and be received by July 8.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations will be refunded in full if notification is received on or before July 8. Cancellation notices postmarked or received between July 9 and July 31 will be assessed a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be provided to any person canceling or failing to give notice of cancellation after Aug 1. Registrant substitutions are welcome.