This inaugural conference, hosted by NGFA and the Soy Transportation Coalition and supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, brought together leaders from agricultural producer organizations, agribusinesses and government to focus on the importance of inland waterway, rail, truck and vessel transportation to the competitiveness and profitability of U.S. agriculture.
Note: Some presenters did not have presentations and are not listed below.
Panel on Surface Transportation Issues
- David Ellis, Manager, Infrastructure Investment Analysis Program and Research Scientist Texas A&M Transportation Institute, College Station, Texas
- John Runyan, Executive Director, The Coalition for Transportation Productivity, Washington, D.C.
- Peter Vanderzee, President and Chief Executive Officer, LifeSpan Technologies, Alpharetta, Ga.
Panel on Maritime Issues
- Steve Stockton, Director of Civil Works, Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
- Mike Steenhoek, Executive Director, Soy Transportation Coalition, Washington, D.C.
- Rick Calhoun, Senior Vice President, Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain, and President, Cargo Carriers Cargill Inc., Minneapolis, Minn.
- Gary Nelson, Executive Director, Port of Grays Harbor, Aberdeen, Wash.
Panel on Rail Issues
- Paul Hammes, Vice President and General Manager, Agricultural Products Union Pacific, Omaha, Neb.
- John Grassley, Director Rail Services, CHS, St. Paul, Minn.
- Kendell Keith, President, TRC Consulting Ltd., Alexandria, Va.
Status of Transportation Infrastructure Investment in Brazil
- Marcelo Monteiro, Edecutive Director, APROSOJA, Mato Grosso, Brazil
Panel on Containerized Shipping
- Bo DeLong, Vice President of Grain, The DeLong Co. Inc., Clinton Wis.
Status of the Panama Canal Expansion
- Maria Eugenia Sanchez, Executive Vice President, Planning and Business Development, Panama Canal Authority
Photos from the event will be uploaded soon.
Questions: Contact Faith Silvers at 202.289.0873
- Upcoming Events
43th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
NGFA – Grain Journal Elevator Design Conference
Board of Directors Meeting
44th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
45th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow