WHO WE ARE
The National Grain and Feed Association, founded in 1896, is a broad-based, non-profit trade association that represents and provides services for grain, feed and related commercial businesses.Its activities focus on enhancing the growth and economic performance of U.S. agriculture.
NGFA MEMBER FIRMS
- Consist of more than 1,000 companies comprising about 6,000 facilities.
- Handle more than 70 percent of all U.S. grains and oilseeds utilized in domestic and export markets.
- Encompass all sectors of the industry.
- Represent a balance of small and large companies, including both privately owned and cooperative firms.
- Country elevators that provide storage, merchandising and farm supply services to farmer-customers.
- Feed mills that manufacture premixes and complete feeds for the livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pet food industries.
- Export elevators that merchandise and ship U.S. grains, oilseeds and processed commodities to foreign customers.
- Cash grain and feed merchandisers who buy and sell grains, oilseeds and grain products.
- Commodity futures brokers and commission merchants who provide hedging services to grain buyers and sellers through the use of futures markets.
- End users of grain and grain products.
- Allied industries, such as banks; railroads; barge lines; grain exchanges; biotechnology providers; engineering and design/construction firms; insurance companies; computer/software firms; and other companies that supply goods and services to the industry.
Affiliated with the NGFA are approximately 30 state and regional associations, whose members include more than 10,000 grain and feed companies nationwide.
- State and Regional Associations
First Name Last Name Title Organization Name City State/Territory Jeffrey Adkisson Executive Vice President Grain and Feed Association of Illinois Springfield IL Valerie Ahlers Secretary/Treasurer S. E. Grain & Feed Dealers Association of Minnesota Rochester MN Tara Artho President Texas Grain and Feed Association Fort Worth TX Kristi Block Executive Vice President Nebraska Grain and Feed Association Lincoln NE Tom Bressner Executive Director Wisconsin Agri-Business Association Madison WI Ron Brewington Executive Director Midsouth Grain Association Marked Tree AR Joel Brinkmeyer Chief Executive Officer Agribusiness Association of Iowa Des Moines IA David Buttenham C.E.O. Ontario Agri Business Association Guelph ON James Byrum President/Secretary Treasurer Michigan Agri-Business Association East Lansing MI Amy Cornell President Agribusiness Council of Indiana/Indiana Grain and Feed Association Indianapolis IN Krista Lee Evans Executive Director Montana Grain Elevator Association Helena MT Tod Griffin Executive Director AgriBusiness Association of Kentucky Frankfort KY Joe Neal Hampton President Oklahoma Grain and Feed Association Enid OK Chris Henney President and Chief Executive Officer Ohio AgriBusiness Association Columbus OH Chris Herr Executive Vice President PennAg Industries Association Harrisburg PA Bonnie Holloman Executive Director Southeastern Grain and Feed Association Inc. Raleigh NC David Krejci Executive V.P. Grain Elevator and Processing Society Golden Valley MN Gary Leeper Executive Director Rocky Mountain Agri-business Association Westminster CO Stu Letcher Executive Vice President North Dakota Grain Dealers Association Fargo ND Donna Morgan Executive Secretary Louisiana Ag Industries Association Alexandria LA Margerie Sedam Director Pacific Northwest Grain & Feed Association Portland OR Martha Shy Executive Secretary Tennessee Feed and Grain Association Murfreesboro TN Bo Smith Atlanta GA Nancy Strickland Executive Secretary Mississippi Feed and Grain Association Jackson MS Steve Taylor Executive Director Missouri Agribusiness Association Jefferson Cty MO Robert Threewitts Executive Director Virginia State Feed Association Inc. Keezletown VA Tom Tunnell President/CEO Kansas Grain & Feed Association Topeka KS Edna Waller Executive Secretary Alabama Feed and Grain Association Cullman AL Kathy Zander Executive Director South Dakota Grain & Feed Association Pierre SD Chris Zanobini Executive Vice President California Grain and Feed Association Sacramento CA Robert Zelenka Executive Director Minnesota Grain and Feed Association Eagan MN Rick Zimmerman Executive Director Northeast Ag and Feed Alliance Albany NY
The NGFA has strategic alliances with respected organizations that benefit the industry:
- North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA), established in 1912, whose member companies ship virtually all U.S. bulk grain and oilseed exports. The NGFA and NAEGA are co-located and coordinate policy and government representation on trade-related issues.
- Pet Food Institute (PFI), whose members manufacture 98 percent of total U.S. dog and cat food, a nearly $20 billion industry. Since 1958, the Pet Food Institute has been the voice of U.S. pet food manufacturers. PFI is the industry’s public education and media relations resource, representative before the U.S. Congress and state and federal agencies, organizer of seminars and educational programs, and liaison with other organizations.NGFA works closely with PFI on public policy, issues management, communications and education programs to benefit the feed sector.
Be the premier provider of member services and advocate for competitive open market principles to promote the growth and economic performance of North American agriculture in a global marketplace.
Advocate a global open market environment to efficiently produce and provide a safe, abundant, affordable, sustainable and wholesome supply of grain, oilseeds, feed and related products responsive to market demand. The NGFA focuses on member interests through representation, training, communication and education to members, government and the public.
- Become a NGFA member
- Read more about NGFA’s long-range plan
- Learn about NGFA’s code of ethics, bylaws, articles of incorporation, and antitrust compliance.
- Headquarters is located at 1400 Crystal Drive, Suite 260, Arlington, VA 22202
- View directions from the Crystal City Metro