WHO WE ARE
The National Grain and Feed Association, founded in 1896, is a broad-based, non-profit trade association that represents and provides services for grain, feed and related commercial businesses.Its activities focus on enhancing the growth and economic performance of U.S. agriculture.
NGFA MEMBER FIRMS
- Consist of more than 1,000 companies comprising about 6,000 facilities.
- Handle more than 70 percent of all U.S. grains and oilseeds utilized in domestic and export markets.
- Encompass all sectors of the industry.
- Represent a balance of small and large companies, including both privately owned and cooperative firms.
- Country elevators that provide storage, merchandising and farm supply services to farmer-customers.
- Feed mills that manufacture premixes and complete feeds for the livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pet food industries.
- Export elevators that merchandise and ship U.S. grains, oilseeds and processed commodities to foreign customers.
- Cash grain and feed merchandisers who buy and sell grains, oilseeds and grain products.
- Commodity futures brokers and commission merchants who provide hedging services to grain buyers and sellers through the use of futures markets.
- End users of grain and grain products.
- Allied industries, such as banks; railroads; barge lines; grain exchanges; biotechnology providers; engineering and design/construction firms; insurance companies; computer/software firms; and other companies that supply goods and services to the industry.
Affiliated with the NGFA are approximately 30 state and regional associations, whose members include more than 10,000 grain and feed companies nationwide.
- State and Regional Associations
First Name Last Name Organization Name Title City State/Territory Jeffrey Adkisson Grain and Feed Association of Illinois Executive Vice President Springfield IL Valerie Ahlers S. E. Grain & Feed Dealers Association of Minnesota Secretary/Treasurer Rochester MN Beth Bechdol Agribusiness Council of Indiana/Indiana Grain and Feed Association President Indianapolis IN Tom Bressner Wisconsin Agri-Business Association Executive Director Madison WI Ron Brewington Midsouth Grain Association Marked Tree AR Joel Brinkmeyer Agribusiness Association of Iowa Chief Executive Officer Des Moines IA David Buttenham Ontario Agri Business Association C.E.O. Guelph ON James Byrum Michigan Agri-Business Association President/Secretary Treasurer East Lansing MI Krista Lee Evans Montana Grain Elevator Association Executive Director Helena MT Joe Neal Hampton Oklahoma Grain and Feed Association President Enid OK Chris Henney Ohio AgriBusiness Association President and Chief Executive Officer Columbus OH Chris Herr PennAg Industries Association Executive Vice President Harrisburg PA Bonnie Holloman Southeastern Grain and Feed Association Inc. Executive Director Raleigh NC David Krejci Grain Elevator and Processing Society Executive V.P. Golden Valley MN Gary Leeper Rocky Mountain Agri-business Association Executive Director Westminster CO Stu Letcher North Dakota Grain Dealers Association Executive Vice President Fargo ND Jay McCants Kentucky Feed and Grain Association Frankfort KY Richard Sanne Nebraska Grain and Feed Association Executive Vice President Lincoln NE Margerie Sedam Pacific Northwest Grain & Feed Association Director Portland OR Martha Shy Tennessee Feed and Grain Association Executive Secretary Murfreesboro TN Bo Smith Atlanta GA Nancy Strickland Mississippi Feed and Grain Association Jackson MS Steve Taylor Missouri Agribusiness Association Executive Director Jefferson Cty MO Tom Tunnell Kansas Grain & Feed Association President/CEO Topeka KS Edna Waller Alabama Feed and Grain Association Executive Secretary Cullman AL Kathy Zander South Dakota Grain & Feed Association Executive Director Pierre SD Chris Zanobini California Grain and Feed Association Executive Vice President Sacramento CA Robert Zelenka Minnesota Grain and Feed Association Executive Director Eagan MN Rick Zimmerman Northeast Ag and Feed Alliance Executive Director Albany NY
The NGFA is a broad-based organization representing and providing services to the North American grain, feed, grain-processing and export industries, and a wide range of related commercial interests. Association activities are focused on providing services and advocating policies that enhance the climate for growth and economic performance of agriculture participating in a global marketplace.
The NGFA actively promotes a global free-market environment that produces an abundant, safe and high-quality supply of grain, feed, feed ingredients and other grain-based and oilseed-based products for consumers. The NGFA focuses on member interests through advocacy, representation, training, education and communication to members, the public and government.
- Become a NGFA member
- Read more about NGFA’s long-range plan
- Learn about NGFA’s code of ethics, bylaws, articles of incorporation, and antitrust compliance.
- Headquarters is located at 1400 Crystal Drive, Suite 260, Arlington, VA 22202
- View directions from the Crystal City Metro