WHO WE ARE
The National Grain and Feed Association, founded in 1896, is a broad-based, non-profit trade association that represents and provides services for grain, feed and related commercial businesses.Its activities focus on enhancing the growth and economic performance of U.S. agriculture.
NGFA MEMBER FIRMS
- Consist of more than 1,000 companies comprising about 6,000 facilities.
- Handle more than 70 percent of all U.S. grains and oilseeds utilized in domestic and export markets.
- Encompass all sectors of the industry.
- Represent a balance of small and large companies, including both privately owned and cooperative firms.
- Country elevators that provide storage, merchandising and farm supply services to farmer-customers.
- Feed mills that manufacture premixes and complete feeds for the livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pet food industries.
- Export elevators that merchandise and ship U.S. grains, oilseeds and processed commodities to foreign customers.
- Cash grain and feed merchandisers who buy and sell grains, oilseeds and grain products.
- Commodity futures brokers and commission merchants who provide hedging services to grain buyers and sellers through the use of futures markets.
- End users of grain and grain products.
- Allied industries, such as banks; railroads; barge lines; grain exchanges; biotechnology providers; engineering and design/construction firms; insurance companies; computer/software firms; and other companies that supply goods and services to the industry.
Affiliated with the NGFA are approximately 30 state and regional associations, whose members include more than 10,000 grain and feed companies nationwide.State and Regional Associations
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Organization Name||City||State/Territory|
|Jeffrey||Adkisson||Executive Vice President||Grain and Feed Association of Illinois||Springfield||IL|
|Valerie||Ahlers||Secretary/Treasurer||S. E. Grain & Feed Dealers Association of Minnesota||Rochester||MN|
|Tara||Artho||President||Texas Grain and Feed Association||Fort Worth||TX|
|Kristi||Block||Executive Vice President||Nebraska Grain and Feed Association||Lincoln||NE|
|Tom||Bressner||Executive Director||Wisconsin Agri-Business Association||Madison||WI|
|Ron||Brewington||Executive Director||Midsouth Grain Association||Marked Tree||AR|
|Joel||Brinkmeyer||Chief Executive Officer||Agribusiness Association of Iowa||Des Moines||IA|
|David||Buttenham||C.E.O.||Ontario Agri Business Association||Guelph||ON|
|James||Byrum||President/Secretary Treasurer||Michigan Agri-Business Association||East Lansing||MI|
|Amy||Cornell||President||Agribusiness Council of Indiana/Indiana Grain and Feed Association||Indianapolis||IN|
|Krista Lee||Evans||Executive Director||Montana Grain Elevator Association||Helena||MT|
|Joe Neal||Hampton||President||Oklahoma Grain and Feed Association||Enid||OK|
|Chris||Henney||President and Chief Executive Officer||Ohio AgriBusiness Association||Columbus||OH|
|Chris||Herr||Executive Vice President||PennAg Industries Association||Harrisburg||PA|
|Bonnie||Holloman||Executive Director||Southeastern Grain and Feed Association Inc.||Raleigh||NC|
|David||Krejci||Executive V.P.||Grain Elevator and Processing Society||Golden Valley||MN|
|Gary||Leeper||Executive Director||Rocky Mountain Agri-business Association||Westminster||CO|
|Stu||Letcher||Executive Vice President||North Dakota Grain Dealers Association||Fargo||ND|
|Terrie||McElroy||Treasurer||Tennessee Grain and Feed Association||Murfreesboro||TN|
|Donna||Morgan||Executive Secretary||Louisiana Ag Industries Association||Alexandria||LA|
|Margerie||Sedam||Director||Pacific Northwest Grain & Feed Association||Portland||OR|
|Nancy||Strickland||Executive Secretary||Mississippi Feed and Grain Association||Jackson||MS|
|Steve||Taylor||Executive Director||Missouri Agribusiness Association||Jefferson Cty||MO|
|Robert||Threewitts||Executive Director||Virginia State Feed Association Inc.||Keezletown||VA|
|Edna||Waller||Executive Secretary||Alabama Feed and Grain Association||Cullman||AL|
|Kathy||Zander||Executive Director||South Dakota Grain & Feed Association||Pierre||SD|
|Chris||Zanobini||Executive Vice President||California Grain and Feed Association||Sacramento||CA|
|Robert||Zelenka||Executive Director||Minnesota Grain and Feed Association||Eagan||MN|
|Rick||Zimmerman||Executive Director||Northeast Ag and Feed Alliance||Albany||NY|
The NGFA has strategic alliances with respected organizations that benefit the industry:
- North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA), established in 1912, whose member companies ship virtually all U.S. bulk grain and oilseed exports. The NGFA and NAEGA are co-located and coordinate policy and government representation on trade-related issues.
- Pet Food Institute (PFI), whose members manufacture 98 percent of total U.S. dog and cat food, a nearly $20 billion industry. Since 1958, the Pet Food Institute has been the voice of U.S. pet food manufacturers. PFI is the industry’s public education and media relations resource, representative before the U.S. Congress and state and federal agencies, organizer of seminars and educational programs, and liaison with other organizations.NGFA works closely with PFI on public policy, issues management, communications and education programs to benefit the feed sector.