COMMITTEE APPRENTICE PROGRAM GOALS
The Committee Apprenticeship Program (CAP) is designed to help develop future leaders of the association. A limited number of apprentice positions will be available – generally, one to three per committee, based on committee size.
Apprentices will be expected to participate fully in all committee activities, including meetings, conference calls and email exchanges. Apprentices will be encouraged to learn the committee’s issues thoroughly and to participate actively in discussions. However, apprentices will not have a vote on committee matters.
- Provide a way for the NGFA to develop closer linkages at various levels within member companies, with a particular emphasis on involving newer employees who companies identify as having future leadership potential and a promising future in the industry.
- Establish a mechanism for more employees within NGFA-member companies to learn about the wide range of policy issues and programs being addressed by NGFA committees, as well as the committees’ indispensable role within NGFA’s structure.
- Benefit member companies by providing a way to further broaden and develop the expertise of their top new talent – those whom they want to invest in.
- Identify potential new talent to engage at some future point in the NGFA’s committee system.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018-2019 CAP CLASS!
Information on applying for the 2019-2020 CAP class will be made available in December 2018.
2017 CAPs React
- “The sit-downs on Capitol Hill were some of the best experiences I’ve had in my professional career.”
– Thomas Heck, Merchandising Manager, Nidera
- “I think the most beneficial aspect of the DC experience for me was the time spent with peers in agribusiness. Sharing stories, issues, and experiences laid the groundwork for relationships that will prove to be invaluable, both professionally and personally.”
– Cooper Latham, IT Manager, Grain Service Corporation
- “Getting to see the whole lobbying process was an eye-opening experience. [It] was very beneficial for me as a person as well as for the company I represent to better understand how to advocate for the issues that affect our industry. [I received] knowledge and experience I can utilize for the rest of my career.”
– Bryan Rader, Merchandiser, FS GRAIN, LLC
- “I really enjoyed this great opportunity and would recommend it to any other colleagues. I would also like to thank the NGFA staff for a job well done. Everything was very well put together and I really appreciate this once in a lifetime experience.”
– Larry Wallace, Technical Services Manager, Westway Feeds Products, LLC
- 2017 – 2018 CAP Roster
- 2016 – 2017 CAP Roster
- 2015 – 2016 CAP Roster
- 2014 – 2015 CAP Roster