NEXT GENERATION AGRIBUSINESS LEADERS
The NGFA’s NextGen Program serves early career professionals employed by NGFA member companies. The program strives to provide early career professionals with the knowledge and networking opportunities to become future leaders in the agribusiness industry. If you feel you can benefit from the program’s offerings, we encourage you to participate! Mid- to late-career professionals are also welcome.
NextGen activities will focus on three core areas: Education; Networking; Leadership Development.
Our Next Webinar will be announced shortly check back soon! For information on past webinars please see the box on the right of this page.
- NGFA Seminar on Trading, Trade Rules and Arbitration
Geared towards the early-career professional, this seminar is a primer on the NGFA trade rules and arbitration system. Additionally, there is a NextGen Networking Reception and Baseball Outing on the first evening of the seminar. LEARN MORE.
- NextGen Networking Reception – held in conjunction with the NGFA Seminar on Trading, Trade Rules and Arbitration
Live in the KC area? Want to attend a networking reception for early- to mid-career professionals in the agribusiness industry? Join us for the NGF NextGen Networking reception. Held Monday May 1 at 5pm at the Hilton KCI, this reception is included in the Seminar registration fee; reception only tickets can be purchased by clicking HERE.
- Country Elevator Conference
A dynamic conference and trade show designed to educate and inspire everyone in the grain and feed industry. This conference full of breakout sessions provides myriad opportunities to network with peers, including the NextGen Holiday Reception, held the Monday of each Conference. LEARN MORE.
The NGFA’s Committee Apprenticeship Program (CAP) provides mentorship opportunities for future leaders of the association. Apprentices participate fully in all committee activities, including meetings, conference calls and email exchanges and are encouraged to learn the committee’s issues thoroughly and to participate actively in discussions (however, apprentices will not have a vote on committee matters.) The CAP program:
- Provides a way for the NGFA to develop closer linkages at various levels within member companies, with a particular emphasis on involving newer employees who companies identify as having future leadership potential and a promising future in the industry.
- Establishes a mechanism for more employees within NGFA-member companies to learn about the wide range of policy issues and programs being addressed by NGFA committees, as well as the committees’ indispensable role within NGFA’s structure.
- Benefits member companies by providing a way to further broaden and develop the expertise of their top new talent – those whom they want to invest in.
- Identifies potential new talent to engage at some future point in the NGFA’s committee system.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Early Summer: “Using Technology to Enhance Your Productivity and Career”
Registration coming soon
Fall: “Making Good Money Decisions as Your Career Advances”
Registration coming soon
- How to Climb the Ladder with your Ethics and Integrity Attached ( 60 minutes) | Presented by Greg Martinelli, Ag Sales Professionals | March 7, 2017 | Listen to Webinar
- How to Go From Good Employee to Great Manager (60 mins.) | Presented by Greg Beck, CGB | July 12, 2016 | View webinar | View presentation slides
- Thriving Across Generations (50 mins.) | Presented by Mark Jewell | Nov. 17, 2015 | View webinar | View presentation slides
- Communication Secrets of Top Leaders (44 mins.) | Presented by Greg Duerksen, Kincannon & Reed | Jan. 27, 2015 | View webinar