NGFA members re-elected Gary Beachner, president and chief executive officer of Beachner Grain Inc. in Parsons, Kan., as the association’s industry chairman during the 119th annual convention conducted March 15-17 in San Antonio, Texas.
Beachner is the 65th industry leader to serve at the helm of the NGFA. He also serves on the NGFA’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and previously served a two-year term as second vice chairman.
Also, re-elected as NGFA’s new first vice chairman was John Heck, senior vice president for business development at The Scoular Company, Omaha, Neb., and second vice chairman Eric Wilkey, president of Arizona Grain Inc., Casa Grande, Ariz.
In addition, NGFA members elected the following industry members to serve three-year terms on the organization’s Board of Directors:
- Keith Bailey, Chief Executive Officer, AgVentures NW LLC, Odessa, Wash.
- JoAnn Brouillette, Partner, Demeter LP, Fowler, Ind.
- Sharon Clark, Senior Vice President, Transportation and Regulatory Affairs, Perdue Agribusiness Inc., Salisbury, Md.
- Jim Moore, Vice President, Feed Division, Southern States Cooperative Inc., Richmond, Va.
- Chad Nagel, Manager of Trading, Nagel Farm Service, Wye Mills, Md.
- Carl Schwinke, Vice President, Grain Supply, Siemer Milling Co., Teutopolis, Ill.
- Benjamin Smith, Managing Director, Attebury Grain LLC, Amarillo, Texas
One new nominee also was elected to serve a one-year term: Mitch Dawson, Director of Grain Operations, MFA Inc., Columbia, Mo.
Further, the following were re-elected to serve an additional three-year term on the Board:
- David Baudler, President, Cargill AgHorizons, Cargill Inc., Wayzata, Minn.
- Jerry Cope, Vice President, Marketing, Dakota Mill & Grain Inc., Rapid City, S.D.
- Tom Coyle, General Manager, Nidera U.S. LLC, Chicago, Ill.
- Bill Krueger, President, Lansing Trade Group, Overland Park, Kan.
- Dan Mack, Vice President, Transportation, CHS Inc., St. Paul, Minn.
- Don Woodburn, Senior Director of Marketing, Ag Processing Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Will Waters, Principal and Vice President, Harris-Crane Inc., Clinton, N.C.
Finally, NGFA thanked the flowing Board members whose terms of service expired following convention.
- Joe Christopher, Senior Grain Manager, Crossroads Cooperative Association, Sidney, Neb.
- Charles Colbert, Senior Vice President and Chief Trading Officer, Zen-noh Grain Corp., Covington, La.
- Larry Hammond, President and Chief Executive Officer, Trupointe Cooperative Inc., Piqua, Ohio
- Charles Heuring, Corn Merchandiser, Penny-Newman Grain Co. Inc., Fresno, Calif.
- Robert Jones, Senior Vice President, ABN AMRO Clearing Chicago LLC, Chicago, Ill.
- Art Loeffler, President and Treasurer, Star of the West Milling Co., Frankenmuth, Mich.
- Duane Madoerin, Merchandising Manager, Gold Eagle Cooperative, Goldfield, Iowa
- Steve Young, Grain Merchandiser, Grainland Cooperative, Holyoke, Colo.