Recordings of all programming sessions are available in the virtual platform for the 49th annual Country Elevator Conference and Trade Show (CEC) conducted this week. While most programming sessions were aired live on Dec. 8-10, registrants have access to the platform and the recordings until Dec. 24.
Nearly 400 industry members registered for this virtual event and took the opportunity to view livestreamed speakers, interact with other registrants and visit virtually with CEC exhibitors. In addition to session recordings, all other conference materials, including presentation slides, exhibitor information, and networking connections will be available on the platform for the next two weeks.
Featured sessions included:
- “A Conversation with U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue and NGFA President and CEO Randy Gordon.” Secretary Perdue presented, on behalf of NGFA leadership, a Bruce Selyem grain elevator photo to Gordon, as this will be his last CEC before retiring in 2021! (Pictured below)
- “2021 Ag Economy Outlook: Avoiding Landmines” with Michael Gunderson, head of agriculture research and strategy at MetLife Investment Management’s Agricultural Finance Group.
- “Timeless Grain Origination with White Commercial.”
- “Cybersecurity Today: Ransomware and Beyond” with Heather Hughes, vice president at Stroz Friedberg, and NGFA First Vice Chairman Greg Beck, senior vice president of the Grain Division at CGB Enterprises.
- “Inside the U.S.-China Trade Negotiations” with Ambassador Jeffrey Gerrish, who led U.S. negotiations for the Phase One U.S.-China Economic and Trade Agreement.
- “Understanding the CME Grain Delivery Process” with Tom Coyle, recently retired managing director of North America at COFCO International US LLC.
- “After the Election: What’s Next for Agriculture and Trade Policy” with Phil Karsting, senior policy adviser at Olsson Frank Weeda Terman and Matz in Washington, D.C.
- “Van Trump Reports” with Kevin Van Trump, CEO at Farm Direction, author of The Van Trump Report, and founder of FARMCON.
- “Selling Safety: Effective Safety Communications.”