During NGFA’s annual business meeting held at the 124th annual convention on March 10, NGFA Chairman JoAnn Brouillette announced the following committee chair appointments:
- Arbitration Appeals Panel: Sharon Clark, Senior Vice President of Transportation and Regulatory Affairs, Perdue Agribusiness in Salisbury, Md.
- Country Elevator Committee: Robert Geers, Merchandising Manager, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Lansing, Mich.
- Crop Technology Committee: Andrew Utterback, Field Agent, Ingredion Inc., Indianapolis, Ind..
- Feed Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee: Chris Olinger, Quality and Research Coordinator, The Wenger Group, Rheems, Pa.
- Feed Manufacturing and Technology Committee: Matt Frederking, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Quality, Mid America Pet Food, Mount Pleasant, Texas.
- Finance and Administration Committee: Kellie Melton, Income Optimization Director, Purina Animal Nutrition, Land O’Lakes Inc., Shoreview, Minn.
- Grain Grades and Weights Committee: Nick Friant, Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain North America, Cargill Inc., Wayzata, Minn.
- International Trade/Agricultural Policy Committee: Joe Kapraun, Manager, Grain Marketing Division, GROWMARK Inc., Bloomington, Ill.
- Legal Council: Chip Buckner, Bartlett Grain Co. L.P., Kansas City, Mo.
- Motor Carrier Task Force: Chad Nagel, Manager of Trading, Nagel Farm Services Inc., Wye Mills, Md.
- Rail Arbitration Rules Committee: Brad Thrasher, Vice President and General Manager, Agricultural Products, Union Pacific Railroad Co., Omaha, Neb.
- Rail Shipper/Receiver Committee: Gary Devlin, Senior Director of Transportation, Ag Processing Inc., Omaha, Neb.
- Risk Management Committee: MJ Anderson, Director, Risk Management and Merchandising, The Andersons, Maumee, Ohio.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Quality Committee: Jason Eardley, Director of Health and Safety, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Decatur, Ill.
- Trade Rules Committee: Dean O’Harris, Great Lakes Grain and Transportation LLC, Buckeye, Ariz.
- Waterborne Commerce Committee: Scott Leininger, Senior Vice President, Terminal, Marine and Transportation Division, CGB Enterprises, Covington, La.
NGFA committees are comprised of more than 300 dedicated industry volunteers from all types and sizes of member companies. NGFA committees work proactively for the mutual benefit of the industry; they ensure that diverse issues are addressed effectively by a cross section of members who have expertise and experience in the subject matter, and are charged with doing so in the best interest of the industry as a whole.