Online Invoice Payment
If you pay for services directly from ArcStone, such as through the “Electronic Invoice Payment” or “AMP Registration Services”, we will use the personal information you provide only to process that payment. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Responses to Email Inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to National Grain and Feed Association, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. National Grain and Feed Association does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other ArcStone customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
It is National Grain and Feed Association’s policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors of Members in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, National Grain and Feed Association may disclose personal information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect National Grain and Feed Association and our Members.
Additional Privacy Related Issues
“Cookies” and How NGFA Uses Them
Advertisers and web hosting customers may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Please remember that any information you may disclose in National Grain and Feed Association forums, or other public areas of our Web sites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
National Grain and Feed Association’s Commitment to Data Security
Services and Web sites we maintain have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
How to Access or Modify Your Information
National Grain and Feed Association offers Members the opportunity to access or modify information provided. To access or modify such information, visit National Grain and Feed Association site.
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers (“munging” headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of National Grain and Feed Association’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
- National Grain and Feed Association Members may not cancel messages other than their own messages. A Member may cancel posts forged in that Member’s name. We may cancel any postings which violate this AUP.
National Grain and Feed Association requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to our Abuse Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
Email with full header information provides all of the above, as do syslog files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
National Grain and Feed Association may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- issue warnings: written or verbal
- suspend the Member’s newsgroup posting privileges
- suspend the Member’s account
- terminate the Member’s account
- bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
National Grain and Feed Association
1250 I (Eye) St., N.W., Suite 1003
Washington, D.C. 20005-3922
Phone: 202.289.0873, Fax: 202.289.5388
National Grain and Feed Association reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify these policies, our Email and Web Hosting Service Terms and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.