2017 NGFA Trading, Trade Rules and Dispute Resolution Seminar
Join us for the 2017 Trade Rules Seminar, May 1 – 2 at the Hilton KCI in Kansas City, MO.
Offered only once every other year, NGFA’s Seminar on Trading, Trade Rules and Arbitration provides attendees with a primer on contracting principles and trading practices designed to minimize costly trade disputes and contract non-performance.
The trade rules seminar is NOT just for those buying and selling grain and grain products. ANYONE involved in contract execution should attend. HELP US HELP YOU! The people who would most benefit from this Seminar (newer employees) are often the least likely to know about NGFA events – spread the word!
This full day seminar is jam-packed with information presented via real world case studies, group work, and lecture. An exam wraps up the program; certificates are awarded to those who pass.
Truly the best in the business, almost 20 professionals make up the all-star faculty.
Back by popular demand! Hop on the bus after Monday’s Welcome Reception and take in a Royals – White Sox game with a group of your fellow Seminar attendees and faculty. A limited number of tickets are available for additional purchase.
Live in the KC area? Want to attend a networking reception for early- to mid-career professionals in the agribusiness industry? Join us for the NGF NextGen Networking reception. Held Monday May 1 at 5pm at the Hilton KCI, this reception is included in the Seminar registration fee; reception only tickets can be purchased by clicking above.
Take advantage of the opportunity to market to approx. 200 up-and-coming agribusiness professionals and become a Seminar sponsor.
2015 CONFERENCE DETAILS
- Schedule Overview
- May 4
– 5- 6:30 p.m. Welcome Reception
– 7:10 p.m. Cardinals game
- May 5
– 8 a.m. – 5 p.m: Full day seminar
- May 4
- The NGFA’s Trade Rules and their application to grain, feed and feed ingredient transactions between commercial firms, as well as with farmer customers.
- Legal principles that undergird grain, feed and feed ingredient contracting, including the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Contracting issues pertinent to cash and forward contracts, as well as essential elements to include in purchase contracts and confirmations to reduce the potential for disputes, as well as to secure access to NGFA arbitration.
- A review of the operation of the NGFA’s Arbitration System – believed to be North America’s oldest – with a special focus on contracting pitfalls that can determine whether a dispute is resolved through arbitration or court litigation.
Information about speakers will be updated as available.