Sun08Mar2020Tue10Mar2020Austin, Texas (JW Marriott Austin)
124th Annual Convention
About 500 NGFA members and guests gathered in Austin, Texas, for the NGFA’s 124th annual convention from March 7-10, where they discussed a renewed focus and commitment to preventing engulfments in grain bins, the nation’s trade environment, transportation and policy issues, and raised money for the National Grain and Feed Foundation, whose work during the coming year will focus heavily on workplace and on-farm grain bin safety.
Thu02Apr20203:00 p.m. ETVirtual
Webinar: Grain, Feed, Processing and Export Industry Update on COVID-19
During this webinar NGFA staff will provide a detailed look at what the designation of food and agriculture as critical infrastructure means, as well as:
· Highlight agency-specific operations including Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) continuity plans and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspections during the pandemic
· Review updated truck weight and hours-of-service regulations
· Discuss the current and future financial relief enacted or planned by Congress
· Explain continuity of operations of NGFA services to members during the pandemic
Stand Up For Grain Safety Week 2020
Because everyone deserves to go home from work each day, we have come together as an industry to take a stand for safety. National Stand Up for Grain Safety Week provides a collective industry focus on and commitment to safety. During 2020 Stand Up Week we focus on the theme of Small Changes, Big Impact!
Every year numerous employees are injured or die from preventable hazards while working in grain storage and handling. Safety doesn't need to be big to be effective. This year commit to safety by making small changes in the workplace to make a positive safety impact.
Wed29Apr20203:00 p.m. ETVirtual
NextGen Webinar: NGFA 101
NGFA 101 will introduce you to the mission, structure and services of the Association. This webinar is perfect for NGFA "NextGen" members, early career professionals at the beginning of their NGFA experience. All NGFA members are encouraged to participate - you may discover new ways to become involved and make a difference in the grain, feed, processing and export industry!
The webinar will highlight:
· NGFA committees’ critical role in the association’s structure
· NGFA’s industry-standard arbitration system
· How NGFA members’ feedback influences state and federal legislation
· Ways to strengthen and support the National Grain and Feed Foundation
· Multiple ways NGFA membership can help build professional networks
· Opportunities to use professional strengths to benefit the agribusiness industry through NGFA involvement
· Myriad ways to connect with NGFA to keep up-to-date on the latest industry news, education and information
Wed20May20203:00 p.m. ET
Webinar: Grain, Feed, Processing and Export Industry Update on COVID19: OSHA Guidance and Workplace Safety
Featuring the highly regarded OSHA lawyer Eric J. Conn, OSHA Practice Group Chair at Conn Maciel Carey, this webinar will break down the workplace safety implications of OSHA’s recently issued “Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19,” which defines risk categories and provides recommendations on how to protect employees. Topics include:
· OSHA, CDC, and other guidance for managing infection control in the workplace generally
· Regulatory issues and best practices associated with voluntary and mandatory use of respirators or other face coverings
· Illness recording/reporting issues
· How to respond to employee or OSHA complaints.
OSHA’s definition of “workplace” covers everything from office buildings to country elevators; if you are operating in either a grain handling facility or an office, this webinar is a valuable preparedness tool.
Wed17Jun20201:00 p.m. ETVirtual
Virtual Event: CEC Replay
At the halfway point between last year’s and this year’s CEC, NGFA will offer a review/preview of CEC education sessions and a chance to connect with fellow attendees and exhibitors.
CEC Replay is free to attend and will feature:
· Michele Payn, principal of Cause Matters Corp., who led last year’s popular “Resiliency for Agriculture” breakout session. Michele will host a rebroadcast of her session and provide COVID-19 updates to her mental health tool kit.
· Seth Meyer, research professor at the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute at the University of Missouri, who presented “2020 Grain Market Insights” at last year’s general session. Seth will assess how the market stands halfway through the year and provide his insights for the rest of 2020.
· And a “sneak peek” of one of our CEC 2020 speakers: Kevin Van Trump
Thu09Jul20203:00 p.m. ETVirtual
Webinar: Impacts of the Transportation System on Agricultural Products
Transportation costs are a core component within the soybean, corn, and related agricultural products supply chains. Congestion and wait times lead to delays that increase those costs and reduce efficiency.
In 2019 the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) conducted a study for the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service with the goal of identifying transportation costs associated with these goods. This research was developed to aid consumers in better understanding the importance of the transportation system and its effects on soybean and corn product prices.
Join David Ellis, Brianne Glover and Max Steadman, all of Texas A&M Transportation Institute, on Thursday July 9 at 3 pm ET for an in-depth look at the research and outcomes.
Tue28Jul2020Fri31Jul20203:00 p.m. ETVirtual
Virtual Event: CONVEY20
NGFA and Grain Journal partner again - and welcome new partner GEAPS - for the summer's best safety and operations educational conference! Join us virtually this year for webinars each day July 28-31 on a range of safety and operations topics.
Thu06Aug202011:00 a.m. CTVirtual
Innovation Preview: Barge Digital Transformation Project Sneak Peek
In this "Innovation Preivew," NGFA staff members and newly appointed NGFDS Officers Charlie Delacruz and Mary Hitchcock, along with newly-appointed NGFDS Chairman and Bunge Logistics manager Brittany Schaefer and Alexander Goulandris, Co-CEO, essDOCS, will provide a walk-through of the BDT platform’s key functionality and security measures, as well as updates on next steps.
Wed12Aug20203:00 p.m. ETVirtual
NextGen Webinar: Personal Finances Are More Than Your 401K
Harvest Safety Week 2020
Join us for our second annual Harvest Safety Week! As we prepare for #harvest20 NGFA wants to ensure you have the tools to keep you and your team safe and healthy. Check your inboxes daily for harvest safety resources and be sure to visit the special Harvest Safety section of our safety page to find safety tip sheets, videos and interactive courses that are particularly relevant this time of year.
Tue10Nov2020Thu12Nov2020Manhattan, KS (IGP Institute Conference Center, Kansas State University)
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food Course
Sun06Dec2020Tue08Dec2020Kansas City (Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center)
49th Annual Country Elevator Conference and Tradeshow
Details Coming Soon!